I had a pretty productive day! Unfortunately, I also discovered today that my stupid light fixtures inside the camper still don’t work! I don’t know what is the problem this time. There seems to be power going to them and the outlets on the same circuit work when I plug in the main power inlet, so who knows. I called the guy from RV Masters, and he’s going to come by tomorrow to have a look at them. He’d better fix it!
The first thing I did today was paint the wheels. The thing I hate about painting is all of the preparation that it takes. It took me much longer to prep the area for painting than it did to do the actual painting. Oh well, in the end, it was worth it! I think they look pretty.
While I was in the process of painting the wheels, I finished painting the closet too.
Later, after the paint was dry, I installed the vinyl wall map of the US on the closet wall. I think it looks pretty cool!
I also finished moving the exterior outlet and patching the previous hole. I added some flexible duct work to lead to the vent for the AC on the interior of the camper. I still haven’t added a vent cover, I’m not sure if I will, or if I’ll just attach another piece of duct work when I’m inside the camper to make the air flow upward toward the bed area.
After finishing those things, I finished securing the drawer under the bed and added some support to the beams that hold up the bed cushions. I also hung some pictures and installed the closet door. I don’t want to show a picture of the entire interior until after my big reveal party next weekend, but I’ll share one of the street side, just to give you an idea.
So, if I look at my list again, here’s what I still have left for this weekend:
- Install interior crown around Fantastic Vent (I think I may make one instead of using the plastic one it came with)
- Install two emblems (Trailer Coach Association & small Shasta emblem)
- Seal cracks and staples on exterior as well as vent on roof with sealant (need to pick this up from RV Masters)
- Polish WINGS and reinstall (This will be my favorite part!)
If there’s time:
- Build new screen door (forgot this in my last post)
- Install baggage door
- Install trim around bottom edge of exterior
I’m getting so close!!
Haven’t posted in a while but this camper is better than new! You have really out done yourself Jannica!
Thanks Erik! I was feeling really good on Friday when I posted this, but yesterday I got pretty down about the electrical system. I am still trying to figure out why it’s not working. All of my receptacles are getting power in the right places, but they’re not getting enough power. I am about to go buy a multi meter and test everything separately to see where the problem is. Wish me luck!
I see that you fixed your electrical problem. See I told you you could do electrical 🙂 I told my 3 daughters about you and Junebug. From now on I wont accept ” I cant do it cause I’m a girl” ( yes I’ve heard that before)
I did fix it! I think I’m still going to go back and secure all of the wires just a little bit better by soldering them together later, just so I don’t ever have to worry about them disconnecting when in transit. At least they’re ok for now though and everything works! Yes, please feel free to use me as a reference if your daughters tell you that they can’t do something. 🙂 hehe